As a token of my appreciation for all my new blog readers and subscribers, I am offering my very first give-away! (Details below)
I am giving away a brand new Discovery Kids™ Digital MP3 Boombox! Retail Value is $39.99.
The Boombox has been a BIG hit with the Monkey. It is the perfect gift for any young child that loves music. The Boombox comes pre-loaded with 20 kid-friendly songs ranging from more traditional tunes (like “This Old Man”) to more mature originals (such as the catchy “Bit by Bit” and clever “If You Lived in the White House”).
If you want to add your own music collection to the Boombox, you can connect it to your computer via USB. (We loaded into the Monkey’s Boombox some Medeski Martin & Wood, Jack Johnson, Hot Buttered Rum*, and other great kids’ tunes that I discussed in this post.)
I really like the fun look of the Boombox and appreciate that it’s very easy for a child to use and carry (big buttons and integrated handle), while being very hard for a child to break (the kid-tough rubber case has protected the player from more than a few of the Monkey’s toy-throwing tantrums!).
Great product. Great gift. And a GREAT GIVE-AWAY!
To enroll in this give-away contest:
- Please leave a comment below between now and Saturday, October 17, 2009.
- I will pick one winner at random from the comments section by using a numerical system (comment #1, comment, #2, etc…).I will use random.org’s Random Integer Generator to pick the number of the winner
- I will announce the contest winner via blog post on Monday, October 19, 2009 . (So subscribe to the comments or blog so that you’ll know when a winner’s been announced!) The winner will have one week to e-mail their mailing address.
- I will ship you a new and unopened MP3 Boombox at my expense. (My international readers need not worry; I will also ship internationally.)
Good luck everyone!
* Hot Buttered Rum disclaimer: I’m a big fan of their progressive Americana style of music. You really ought to check them out live and listen to their new album. They’re one of those rare bands that both kids and parents can enjoy and appreciate.
*Disclosure Updated 12.12.09: In anticpiation of the FTC ruling for bloggers, I am including a disclosure update for this review and give-away. I did not receive any form of compensation from Discovery Kids for this review and give-away item.
I started sharing my eclectic taste in music with my little Monkey during pregnancy. Not only did I play a wide range of music for the kid, but I also kept up my love of going to live shows. I went to about 30 shows during my pregnancy, ranging from bluegrass and jazz to symphony and progressive rock. My last concert before giving birth was approximately a week before my due date. Let me tell you, I got a lot of dancing space at that show.
Exposing my kid to music certainly didn’t begin and end in the womb. Music is always playing in our house and, between me and The Dude, we have discovered quite a few favorite albums to share with our son. Many of the albums were already in our collection, but we did find some great albums that are geared towards kids. We quickly learned that we like to rock out to them, too. We like to mix up the “kids” music with some of “our” music, with the hopes that our Monkey will also have a good ear for awesome music. However, all of this might backfire and he’ll end up listening to death metal…or worse. Like Enya. (continues…)